Monday, August 24, 2009

Our (Temporary) Bead Cabinet

My husband saw me trying to figure out the measurements of the shelves needed for the bead cabinet and the amount of hooks for the bead chains. He felt sorry for me and said he would fashion a makeshift cabinet right that instance. Just in case you can't tell, it's just a bulletin board. We are going to start with the squaring bead chains for now, so the above works.

And before, you see the picture below, I must spring this warning: Montessori purists, cover your eyes to this abomination!

For fun, he made enough nails to hang the whole bead cabinet. When I asked about the shelves, he said he would make something that would work somehow. I bet you that he'll just buy me a bead cabinet in a few months, especially since he will be pressed with time since he's starting seminary tomorrow. But I was touched all the same. While we put up the chains, he figured out some of the concepts and was impressed. I am so glad we are on the same page!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Wow...I am impressed with your creativity! I think it looks pretty great.